Looking at your patriarchal bullshit like…
What year is this
There’s a reason I hated that sappy, watery, pathetic book. Now I know what it is.
well thank god black kids are spared this racist ignorant bad writer’s presence and bankrupt philosophy.
I adore Throwing Shade, and I do not adore Nicholas Sparks.
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
Yes to all of these. This made me smile and say something nice to my vessel, especially since I was irritated with it earlier when it couldn’t unjam the printer at the clinic.
[twisted vines by #knittingschooldropout in NORO] #knits #knitting #knitsofinstagram
Someone is trying to win the cute prize. #rookthepibble
Knitting #100diamonds while watching the Flash. Color choice is a coincidence.
About to go apeshit on some comics. #sobehind
What a beautiful day to pick up comics.